Gyycol Ether is a very versatile solvent product with a good balance of many different properties. With a nearly equal balance of hydrophobic and hydrophilic character, Butyl Cellosolve Glycol Ether provides excellent performance in coating, cleaners and many other types of products. It is one of the fastest- evaporating glycol ether. Butyl Cellosolve glycol ether is compatible with a wide range of resin types and it also offers 100% water solubility.
Butyl Cellosolve is a chemical, which is found in a wide variety of household cleaning agents – glass cleaners, oven cleaners, general degreasers, spot removers, air fresheners, and carpet cleaners, among other things. It is a colorless liquid with a sweet, ether-like odor. It is also known as butyl glycol, Dowanol, and ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (EGBE).
- Active solvent for solvent- based coating
- Coalescent for industrial water based coating
- Coupling agent for architecture water borne coatings
- Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, and disinfectants
- Primary solvent in solvent - based silk screen printing inks
- Coupling agent for resins and dyes in water based printing inks
- Solvent for agricultural pesticides